- Start by checking that everyone understands what needs to occur for this meeting to be a success: the required meeting outcomes.
- Eliminate any non-essential agenda items. Each remaining item should be critical to achieving the meeting outcomes.
- Ask if everyone attending has a contribution to make that will have a clear impact on the meeting outcomes.
- During discussions, press for information that is new and relevant. Point out high impact contributions.
- Keep discussions focused on reaching the meeting outcomes.
- Summarize conclusions and outcomes at the end of the meeting.
- Define next steps clearly.
- End early or on time.